With CBD legalization taking place across the country, people are pulling together their favorite ingredients and adding a "pop" of natural therapy to give a regular recipe some extra pizzazz. To help you grow your CBD recipe stash, we've put together a delicious mango shake recipe infused with CBD that you can enjoy for breakfast, lunchtime, as a snack, or on the go.
Take a look at what makes this CBD Smoothie Mango-Spinach Power Smoothie such a fun, fabulous, and easy-to-make recipe that's the perfect addition to any healthy meal plan.
The CBD-Mango Tango
Did you know that there are certain ingredients that work together with CBD to help boost its natural healing abilities? Mango is one of these foods that works in combination with CBD to assist in balancing your body's main systems.
You may be wondering why mango and CBD are such a well-matched pair. It's because mango contains an aromatic compound, or terpene, known as Myrcene. This terpene offers protection to the mango fruit, and it's also been shown to help elevate the positive effects of CBD. These include:
- Reducing the inflammation that's a leading cause of many chronic diseases
- Decreasing muscle and systemic aches and pain
- Helping fight certain forms of cancer
The great news is that you can look for either full-spectrum or broad-spectrum CBD oils that also contain significant amounts of Myrcene to further boost your levels.
Myrcene's powerful health benefits aren't the only reason why cultivators choose to make it up to 65% of the terpene profile in many hemp strains. This 'Mother of all Terpenes' also adds a delicious citrus-clove aroma to plants, with subtle undertones of mint that make it one of the most popular of the aromatic terpenes found in CBD products.
CBD Mango-Spinach Power Shake Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon CBD-infused Coconut Oil
- 1-2 Ripe Organic Mangos, peeled and diced into cubes
- 1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 2 Cups Unsweetened Organic Coconut or Almond Milk
- 1 Cup Organic Spinach
- 1 Ripe Banana
If you have a sweet tooth you can also add some organic honey or agave syrup to taste, although mangos give this shake a fair amount of sweetness even without the added sugars.
Finally, place all the ingredients into your blender, press 'smoothie', and enjoy!
Getting the Most Out of Your CBD Power Shake
Water-Soluble CBD Products - Making Water and Oil Mix
Since water and oil don't mix naturally, you'll want to look for a CBD oil that's marked 'water soluble' if you're going to add it to your edibles. This means that the CBD is coated with a fat such as MCT oil so that it's bioavailability - or the ability of your body to absorb it - is ensured. Top companies actually offer many CBD tinctures and isolates that are formulated to better blend with water, which is so important because H2O makes up 60% of the human body.
Non Water-Soluble CBD - No Worries!
Although many CBD products are blended to be water-soluble, your favorite CBD oil may not be. There's a super easy fix for that - just add a drop or more of your CBD oil into cooking oil, butter, or spread. This ensures CBD's optimal absorption rates into your body.
- For the CBD Mango-Spinach Power Smoothie you can add your CBD oil right into the coconut oil, and mix them together with a spoon.
- It's usually recommended to take 1-4 drops of CBD oil daily.
If you want to make a large batch of CBD-infused coconut oil to save for later:
- Measure out a cup of coconut oil
- There are 16 tablespoons in a cup, so multiply 16 by the number of CBD drops you take daily, and add this to the coconut oil.
- Mix the batch together with a spoon and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator to maintain its health-enhancing benefits longer.
CBD Mango-Spinach Power Shake Health Benefits
Popeye was on to something when he said he's "strong to the finish". That's because this dark leafy green is considered a superfood by many due to its amazing health profile. One cup of spinach contains:
- 180% Daily Value (DV) Vitamin K for healthy bones and heart
- 56% DV Vitamin A for strong eyes and glowing skin
- Over a dozen antioxidants to keep your cells thriving
- Carotenoid compounds to reduce your risk of disease
- Low calories and high nutrition for balanced weight management
- 76% DV Vitamin C to elevate immunity
- 25% DV Vitamin A to reduce inflammation
- 3 grams dietary fiber for good digestion
- Just over 100 calories
- Up to 0.32 grams Myrcene
Curative Coconut Oil
Coconut has been used since ancient times in recipes and healing therapies, and the fluid from the immature fruits has even been documented to help people with intravenous fluid replacement! Its current widespread use as a cooking oil isn't surprising because of its many wellness benefits, such as:
- Reducing your risk for Alzheimer's and Heart Disease
- Protecting your liver and kidney health
- Reducing cancer tumor growth
- Giving your brain a boost
- Keeping your skin and hair strong and beautiful
Scrumptiousness and science mix with this delicious smoothie because CBD is one of the most well-researched plant compounds out there, with a whopping 4,600 PubMed studies outlining its many healthy properties over the last decade alone. These include:
- Reducing inflammation
- Helping fight cancer tumors
- Neutralizing antibiotic-resistant bacteria
- Managing pain
- Decreasing stress and anxiety
- Increasing resilience
- Boosting immunity
Want More CBD Infused Recipes?
Cooking with CBD is one of the best ways to add a splash of natural therapy to all your recipes, and this simple yet succulent CBD Mango-Spinach Power Shake makes it so easy. That's why it's such a great recipe to start off with when you're new to creating CBD edibles. Soon you'll be mixing up CBD cocktails, cakes, cookies, coffees, and more! to find more recipes.